Chanen Construction Company, Inc.
Chanen Construction Company, Inc. is a leading national full-service general contractor, design-builder and construction manager. From college campuses to airports, manufacturing plants to resorts, Chanen has built projects of distinction throughout the country. And we've established a reputation for excellence in every detail. More than just buildings, Chanen Construction Company creates structures that stand apart. And rise above the ordinary. Since 1955, we have built projects that serve the lives of people. And shape the look of cities.
Chanen Construction Company (www.chanen.com) is a long term member of the Engineering News Record Top 400 Contractors). Our employees' talent, hard work, and dedication to on time and on budget, high-quality delivery of construction projects are keys to our company's success. We are proud to offer a competitive, comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full spectrum of benefits and programs designed to enhance your overall job satisfaction.
Chanen is seeking the right person to join us, right now in our Phoenix, Arizona office.
The Project Administrator is responsible for providing administrative, secretarial, data entry, and clerical support to the project. They will maintain a professional working relationship with client, architect, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers. Experience working on $50 million construction projects for general contractors is ideal as is knowledge of prolog Manager software.
- The Project Administrator works as a team member in planning, project management, and close-out for one or more assigned projects. The Project Administrator must have experience with Meridian Prolog Manager® software or equivalent and have the ability to work cooperatively as a team member with other Chanen colleagues, as well as our client, project architect and engineers and our trade contractors managing the following tasks:
- Thrive in a fast-paced client-centered team environment.
- Set up and maintains standard project files.
- Set up and maintain project records in Prolog.
- Types and distributes project correspondence and coordinates all project payables and receivables with Accounting Department and may maintain and reconcile jobsite petty cash and other accounts, as required.
- Performs and sets up subcontracts and performs data entry to generate subcontracts with job‐ specific forms.
- Data entry for subcontract change orders in Prolog.
- Assists with project billings.
- Tracks executed subcontracts, insurance, bonds, pre‐liens, and lien releases.
- Sets up, maintains, and ensures full compliance of Bulletin Board postings with federal, state, and government agencies, and local and Chanen policies and procedures.
- Two‐year construction or accounting degree or equivalent combination of business training and/or related experience.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite software.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic with numeric ability and reasoning skills.
- Attentive to detail and organized methodology.
- Able to work in fast-paced, environment dealing with multiple team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Functions effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Outstanding business ethics.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
- Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
- Occasionally will climb stairs.
- Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis
- Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
- Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
- May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required when on project site.
- Ability to cooperatively interact with people frequently during work.
- Work in a trailer office environment.
- May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a regular basis.
Benefits and Perks
- Eligibility for the various benefit programs differ based on each job classification and length of service.
- Health Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Retirement Savings
- Pre-tax Health Contributions
- Professional 401(K) education and fund review (after vesting)
- Paid Time Off (after vesting)
- Sick Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement / Education Assistance (pursuant to our policy)
By submitting your resume with Chanen Construction Company, Inc., you give us permission to retain and share your resume.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR
ENR TOP 400 General Contractor Phoenix Office